Joost spot official, not for TV
- April 4, 2007 12:37 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
It turns out that it's not a TV commercial, just a clip that was produced for Joost to explain its service in a non-technical way.
Here's what Joost's spokeswoman told me when I inquired about the video's origin:
It was produced by an agency that works for Joost – but it's not actually an ad. It's a brief intro video on our website and platform that answers "what is Joost." I realize there's been some confusion about this as some have seen this out of context and thought it was an actual commercial.
Sure enough, a check of the recently redesigned site reveals the video playing at the top What's Joost? page. Mystery solved.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post