2 Qk 4 U: 13-year-old wins texting competition
- April 23, 2007 3:57 PM |
- By Paul Jay
by Paul Jay, CBC News Online
A 13-year old from the U.S. won a national texting competition, typing the phrase "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious. If you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious" from Mary Poppins in 42 seconds.
Morgan Pozgar, of Claysburg, Pa., was crowned LG National Texting champion on Saturday, winning $25,000 US. She defeated nearly 200 competitors to win the award, beating 21-year-old Eli Tirosh of Los Angeles, Calif., in the final.
The reports vary, but Pozgar evidently sent thousands of text messages a month to prepare for the competition.
It's a talent that in another era might have landed a job as a court reporter. But for Pozgar, we suspect she just lost her excuse for not responding immediately to every text she receives.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post