Top 10 stupid obstacles to reaching people
- January 30, 2007 6:40 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
Everyone has a great idea that can make them wealthy and help people solve a problem, including ones they don't know they have. Just ask the entrepreneurs and inventors featured on Dragons' Den.
For anyone in the internet, software or technology sectors in particular who has ever thought of The Next Big Thing but didn't know how to turn it into a success, there's hope.
Technology evangelist, venture capitalist and startup guru Guy Kawasaki has a solid post on his blog that outlines the Top 10 stupid ways to hinder market adoption of your product or service, gleaned from his decades of experience in Silicon Valley.
Microsoft might want to rethink its approach to its new Windows Vista operating system after reading Kawasaki's first one: Enforced immediate registration. Ahem.
But all you need is an investor and an idea.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post