Madden remains EA's MVP
- January 12, 2007 1:11 PM |
- By Paul Jay
by Paul Jay, CBC News Online
You have to hand it to the people at Electronic Arts. Every year they put out a new version of the same game and every year they knock one out of the park. Well, not the baseball video games. We're talking about the Madden franchise, which once again topped 2006 for total sales.
Gamespot has a story on the final sales numbers from 2006, and Madden 07 for the PS2 tops the list with 2.8 million units sold.
It's followed by New Super Mario Bros. for Ninetendo's DS, Gears of War for the XBox 360 and two more PS2 games, Kingdom Hearts II and Guitar Hero II.
Madden 07 for the XBox also made the list as the number nine selling game.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post