The gift of knowledge
- December 8, 2006 1:42 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
Video game systems, entertainment gadgets and computer gear are perennially popular items on holiday shopping lists. But flaws, technology changes and other problems can sometimes leave the recipient feeling like they got a lump of coal instead of a shiny new toy.
My colleague, Paul Jay, and I put together a guide to avoiding pitfalls of items on technology hounds' shopping lists
If you think there's something that should -- or shouldn't -- have been included, let us know in the comments.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post