Great Canadian Video Game Competition deadline today
- December 15, 2006 12:46 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
Today is Telefilm Canada's application deadline for the Great Canadian Video Game Competition. The contest is looking for entries from emerging game developers across the country to vie for up to $2 million in funding and mentorship from industry experts.
Canada already enjoys disproportionate success in the video games industry, which Telefilm hopes to build on through this contest and other initiatives. Contest information and entry forms are available at the contest website at www.telefilm.gc.ca/game.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post