Games that made the Dean's list
- December 29, 2006 12:24 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
The putative dean of video game journalism, San Jose Mercury News reporter Dean Takahashi, has posted his top game picks of the year and his honourable mentions list. His colleague and fellow blogger Mike "Nooch" Antonucci listed his own Top 10 games of 2006 and remarked on a notable shift in Takahashi's selections:
His list is so unusually diversified, it makes me nervous. Dean likes games that go bang-bang, boom-boom. He makes exceptions, but not often.
I chatted with Dean a few times at E3 — the video game industry's main trade show and convention — in Los Angeles in May so I'm not as surprised as Antonucci that the quiet and unassuming author of The Xbox 360 Uncloaked chose as he did.
Check out the lists and then let us know what you think. Do you agree? Which games grabbed your attention this year? The comments section is open.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post