Send us news tips
43 Elm St.
|TEL: (705) 688-3200|
Got a question about the CBC?
We've answered the most common queries in our list of Frequently Asked Questions below.
Do you need to contact one of us directly?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I contact the local news departments with a news tip?
If you've got a news tip, call the CBC Radio One Newsroom at (705) 688-3240.
2. How do I suggest an idea or pose a question to a local show?
Go to the Programs page, and follow the link to the show. Look for the "Contact" link for that show in the left-hand side of the show's page.
3. How do I suggest an idea or pose a question to a national show?
Go to Programs A-Z, look for the listing for that show, then follow the link to the website for that show. Look for the "Contact Us" section of the site.
4. How can my school/community group take a tour of the CBC?
Please contact us at (705) 688-3200 to inquire about tours.
5. How can I find out the name of the song I just heard on CBC Radio?
a. The first step is to identify the show that played the song. If you know the name of the program, use this list: Programs A-Z to navigate to the program page. If you don't know the name of the show, go to the CBC Radio Guide and then click on the title of the appropriate program.
b. Once you have found the appropriate show, you can search the Music Playlists section for program logs, which contain song information.
6. Can I get transcripts and/or tapes of programs?
You can purchase copies of Local/national news or current affairs programs through Cision.
Call Cision Canada, at 1-877-269-3367 or (705) 524-5307 in Sudbury. You can also use the Cision Canada web site. You must provide Cision with the program name, the time the interview ran and the date. Please note: there is a charge.
Some other programs are available for home and education use. You can search catalogues of programs online through CBC's Shops and Services.
7. How do I find out about jobs at the CBC?
Click on Jobs at the bottom of any page on the CBC.ca site.
8. How do I contact someone at the CBC?
Check the "Contact" information on the right side of this page, or use the Contact Form.
9. I need help with audio and/or video.
This information can be found on the Audio/Video help page.
10. What are your channels/frequencies?
These are listed on the Program Guide section.
11. I have a CD that I would like you to play. Where do I send it?
To place it in our music library, send two copies to:
CBC Music Library
Do not send copies of your CD directly to the various programs. You might, however, want to send press releases to all, promoting the fact that your recording is in our library and available for broadcast.
12. How do I contact the CBC about something I saw on CBC.ca?
Use the Contact Form.