Julian Casablancas smells like rock and roll, sure... but Green Italian Tangerine?
The ad itself isn't that crazy. It's just a concert clip with some fans supporting a stage-diving rocker. And celebs push fragrances all the time, so it's not shocking that the face of rock revival at the beginning of the last decade is capitalizing on his status with an endorsement deal.
But the slick official website for the perfume - called "Decibel" - features some of the most bombastic (and unintentionally funny) product description we've ever read.
If you believed at one point that the Strokes were the coolest band in the world, try not to cringe while reading the following lines. And if you always thought they were over-hyped, prepare to cackle.
Here are our 9 favourite bits of purple prose from Julian's new perfume site:
1) "Beyond a fragrance, the experience of a transcendent encounter..."
2) "Equally fascinating, devastatingly attractive and devilishly stunning, another piece of your soul to reach immortality."
3) "Break taboos, be excessive in your desires. Take on a rebel attitude in the face of authority. Rock your youth like a state of mind. Live in a trance without fearing the decibels."
4) "Its dazzling metallic breath provides a devilishly stimulating shiver, further electrified by the sharp pungency of the Green Italian Tangerines."
5) "A life force that increases in volume and power without ever losing its style or going off the rails."
6) "Like the powerful impression of a captivating memory, Haitian Vetiver comes onto the stage and enchants with its sensual, virile and shadowy charms."
7) "The quintessence of audacity, combining rebelliousness and unrestrained creativity."
8) "Tonka Bean and Vanilla join it to form an ultimate trio; suave, vibrant and delicious."
9) "It's a quest for energy, a way of being and even an entire philosophy."
Oh, and for the record, the perfume bottle is a shaped like a microphone.