Kids do some pretty strange things sometimes. They can also be extremely clever, curious and industrious.
Well, the little boy in this story is all of those things. Three years old, from Australia, his name is Kyle Cummings.
A few weeks ago, he was outside in his family's yard when he came across a bunch of eggs - nine of 'em in all.
So, he got a plastic food container, put the eggs inside and put them in his bedroom closet without anyone knowing.
Well eventually, the eggs hatched... into a group of eastern brown snakes - one of the most venomous species on earth.
His mother found them the other day. Seven of the eggs had hatched, but luckily they were still inside the container with the lid on.
"I was pretty shocked, particularly because I don't like snakes," Kyle's mom told the Townsville Bulletin newspaper in Queensland.
Reptile expert Trish Prendergast of North Queensland Wildlife Care released the snakes into the wild.
She said Kyle could have been killed if he had handled the snakes.
"Their fangs are only a few millimetres long at that age, so they probably couldn't break the skin, but they're just as venomous as full-grown snakes," she told Associated Press.
"If venom had got on Kyle's skin where there was a cut or if he put it in his mouth, it could have been fatal."
Prendergast said he's also lucky the mother snake wasn't around when he found the eggs, as they usually only leave for a short time to find food.
The baby snakes were 12-15cm long and had probably hatched about five days earlier.
Eastern brown snakes can grow to more than 2 metres or 6 and half feet long.