Halloween can make most things seem spookier than they are. In case you're paranoid your house is haunted, for instance, the Chicago Tribune published a great guide to kicking spirits out of your humble abode.
Some of their tips:
- Burn sage in every room. "This goes back to Native American cultures," she says. "You can even get sage sticks at some grocery stores, and the smell of sage clears the space."
- Tell those ghosts to get lost, and then ignore them. "Stand in the place where they are active and say 'You are not welcome here.' Then don't bring attention to them. This means no seances or Ouija board parties. This only feeds the unhappy spirits and makes them more active."
- Sprinkle salt on the entrance of your home. "This keeps them out."
- Burn a white candle. "There is positive energy in white candles. Votives are good to have on hand so you can light them in every room."
- Get white roses. "White roses literally suck activity out of the house. When they dry up, throw them out immediately, and rinse salt down the drain to clear out the energy they absorbed."