Check out style expert Moe Kelso's 5 Essential Accessories to boost the style quotient in any wardrobe.
Watch the segment in Episode 132.
- Faux or real
- Layer them, mix and match
- You'll probably find a string or two in mom's or grandma's jewelry box
2. Diamond studs
- If they're fake, don't buy them too big so people won't necessarily know that they're not real
- A great alternative to big hoops or baubles
- A simple way to really add polish and sparkle to your look
3. A scarf
- Buy quality at the end of the season when they're on sale
- Think about matching your skin tone, the color of your coat and your sweaters
- A long oblong scarf is the simplest and most versatile choice if you're going to buy only one
4. Medium-sized handbag
- Not too big, not too small - a good everyday piece
- This is an investment piece because you'll use it so much
- Buy a classic style - too much hardware will date the bag, but you want it to last you many, many seasons
- If you're only buying one, make it black - it goes with everything.
5. A belt
- This piece can turn any outfit from sloppy to sleek in an instant.
- A great piece to have if you are not a jewelry person, it does a great job of finishing off a look.
- Whether you think you need it or not - it's a must have piece