Calling all ageless beauties, this one's for you! If you're over 50 and want to look 10 years younger, look no further than Cheryl Gushue's age-defying lip tips.
Cheryl says these are the common makeup mistakes to avoid for mature lips:
- Don't use the wrong shade. Beige and browns don't work because they really make you look drab and tired. These colours actually age you more.
- Don't use the wrong texture. Matte lipstick will make your lips look dry and settle into the lines on your lips. This texture can also look harsh on mature lips that may have lost their fullness.
- Don't overline the lips in a colour that doesn't match. It will only draw attention to the makeup and not the lips. This look can be dated since it should be about your beauty and not the makeup on your face.
Now, here's what you should be doing:
- Choose a vibrant shade. Don't be afraid to use red because it's a classic look that never goes out of style.
- Use a creamy lipstick. Creamy lipsticks are the perfect texture for mature lips because they're moisturizing and will soften wrinkles.
- Trick: Add a little bit of shimmer in the centre of the lip to give the illusion of fullness to mature lips.
- Use a lip liner to create an even line. Lip liner is the key to even out any wrinkles around the lips and create a clean, uniform line. Pick a shade that matches your lip tone and not your lipstick. This will look more natural and will prevent any embarrassment if your lipstick starts to fade.
- Tip: When applying your lip liner you want to use a lip brush for more control to achieve an even line.