Lynne Ryan, national Murale makeup artist, shows us how to get the season's hottest makeup looks—just like the celebs!
Above: photos by Getty Images.
Reese Witherspoon's Playful Pastel Palette
- Start by applying Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel ($95) all over the face to tone the skin and keep it looking dewy all day long.
- Next, lightly apply foundation.
- For this look, the focus is on the eyes. Wash the eye in a light shadow with a deeper jewel tone along the crease. These are not the pastels of the '80s; think of them more as an alternative to neutrals.
- Finish with a black liquid liner along the lash line and the tops of the lashes as well.
- For a flushed, natural glow, highlight apples of the cheeks with a pretty pink blush (Lynne loves the Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick, $24) and finish the look with a bit of lipstick, such as Clarins Rouge Prodige ($26) in a fun shade of pink.
Rooney Mara's Dramatically Dark Lips
- Follow the contours of the cheeks with a light blush to make them pop.
- This look is all about the lips, so downplay the traditional smoky eye in a softer, less severe colour palette with a touch of shimmer. Try the Stila Natural Eye Shadow Palette ($50), which features 10 wearable, neutral shades that are perfect for this type of application.
- Reverse-line the lips with Cargo Reverse Lip Liner before applying lipstick to help keep colour in place.
- Finally, choose a long-wearing lipstick like Nars Pure Matte Lipstick ($32) in a wine or crimson red for the most impact.