Makeup artist to the stars Christine Cho is back with more celeb beauty secrets!
Above: all Getty Images.
Charlize Theron's Naturally Fresh Face
The key to a natural look? Play up your natural features!
- Start by trimming and tweezing your brows.
- Next, try a spray foundation like Dior Airflash. Simply close your eyes, take a deep breath and spritz all over for an even matte finish. Use a sponge to blend foundation under the eyes.
- Fill in any sparse areas of the brows with a pencil and groom with gel. (Tip: You can use clear mascara as brow gel or even hairspray on a mascara wand to keep unruly hairs in place.) Try: Dior Powder Eyebrow Pencil With Brush.
- For the eyes, roughly line top lid along the lash line then smudge gently with a brush. Apply a neutral cream eyeshadow all over the lid and finish with one coat of mascara. Try: Diorshow Extase Instant Oversize Volume Mascara.
- Finally, opt for a natural lip colour, such as light coral or pink, for truly kissable lips.
Natalie Portman's Day-to-Evening Look
Trade daytime neutrals for rich jewel tones come nightfall.
- Eyeliner is the quickest way to add drama. Apply a thick line of navy liner all the way across the top lid. Try: Diorshow Waterproof Liner.
- Layer plum shadow over top and apply a second coat of mascara.
- Add a touch more colour to the cheeks for a slight flush.
- Finish off the look by applying some highlighter to the tops of the cheekbones and a bit more colour to the lips. (Tip: Apply lipstick in thin layers for colour that lasts.)
Carrie Underwood's Glamorous Eyes
Contrast equals glam!
- Apply black eyeliner close to the lash line on both top and bottom. Don't blend it in; keep the line clean and severe. Go over top with black shadow to set the line in place, but again don't smudge it or make it any wider.
- Use a tapered brush to apply black shadow along the crease of your lid. (Tip: Place a paper towel below the eye to catch any falling powder.) Try: Dior Powder Mono Shadow in Flash Black.
- Fill in the rest of the lid with a contrasting shadow, such as silver.
- Apply a strip of false lashes followed by individual flare lashes to create added separation and volume. Once lashes are dry, apply mascara to all.
- Finish the look with a nude lip to contrast those überglam eyes. Try: Dior Addict Lipstick.