Beauty expert Sandy Gold shows us how to master a perfectly contoured face!
This is what you'll need:
- A dark matte powder or bronzer to contour with - usually one that is 2 to 3 shades darker then your complexion.
- A light powder to highlight with
- A blush to complete our sculpted cheeks
- A contour brush
- A blush brush
- A fluffy powder brush to blend
- Use the dark matte powder - to shade certain areas that you want to look smaller or that you want to define and sculpt.
- Load the brush with the powder - then tap it off on a tissue to remove any excess product - then apply.
- For the cheeks - apply the powder directly under your cheekbones - starting by your ear and working downwards along the cheekbone.
- For the nose - draw two straight lines down each sides of your nose - from the edge of your eyebrow all the way to the tip of your nose. This creates a beautiful shadow along the sides of your nose - making it appear more straight and narrow.
- To disguise a double chin - apply the powder directly under the chin, and along the jawline.
Product Used: Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit
- Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks; this will add a nice pop of colour and will add extra definition to the cheekbones.
- Apply the light highlighting powder to areas of the face that you want to highlight and emphasize.
- For the cheeks, apply the powder directly on top of your cheekbones. This will attract light to this area - making the contoured area below it appear as a shadow - and the top of your cheekbones really stand out.
- For the nose - apply a thin line of highligther straight down the center of your nose.
- For the rest of the face, apply the highligther to the middle of the chin, the center of the forehead and a little under the eyebrow.