Out of holiday gift wrap? Don't fret! Here are three beautiful ideas to wrap your gifts using items lying around the house.
Map or Newspaper Giftbags
- Take a box and wrap only one side of it with a map or newspaper as if you were wrapping it up as a gift. Glue or tape all edges together.
- Slide the box out of the wrapping.
- Fold down the tops of the unwrapped side.
- Place a sticker on the side to reinforce where the handles will go.
- Hole punch through the paper and sticker to make holes for the handle.
- Use string or ribbon to create handles.
- Use any old wrapping paper or wallpaper you have lying around the house.
- Take a chip tube and fill it with a gift or candy.
- Cut your paper as outlined in a cracker template. Here's a great one that we love from Bird's Cards.
- Finish off the cracker with some fun ribbons to tie the ends together.
Stencil and Spray Boxes
- Take some cardboard boxes that you have lying around and flatten them.
- Then use different coloured spray paint and stencils to decorate them with fun patterns, letters and numbers.
- Cover the box in as many designs as you like. Feel free to use a variety of colours and overlap the patterns. There are no rules with this one!
- Once the paint is dry, assemble the box and complete the look by decorating with twine or coloured string.