Now that your Valentine has gifted you a beautiful bouquet of roses, what do you do with them? We've got some great tips to prolong the life of your roses and an awesome idea of what to do with them when they're nearing the end.
- Cut your roses under water.
- Use sharp shears and cut at a 45 degree angle.
- Use warm water to fill your vase.
- Remove any leaves that are below the waterline.
DIY Flower Food
- 1 teaspoon of vodka to kill any fungus and bacteria that will reduce the life of your roses.
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice will lower the pH, which allows the stem to act like a straw and draw the water in.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar will nourish the roses.
Don't forget to change the water every 3 days to keep your roses fresher, longer.
DIY Rose Face Mask
Here's a great DIY that takes advantage of your roses when they're starting to lose their life. Roses not only have a beautiful fragrance but are a great source of vitamin C. The Vitamin C in the roses will act as a natural skin brightener while the honey will keep your skin moisturized and supple.
- Combine 3 - 4 tablespoons of water with 8 - 10 petals in a small bowl.
- Let stand for 2 - 3 hours then crush the petals into the water.
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey, stir together and slather on your face. Leave on for 15 minutes then rinse with cool water.