Get creative with your holiday party invites for your lovely family and friends! Here are three fun DIY invites that'll help you stand out.
Message in a Bottle
If you're planning on having a small but close group of family or friends over for a party, this makes for a great invite.
Printed colourful paper
Red grosgrain ribbon
Green pine branches Printer
- Print all your party information on the colourful paper. Tight roll these invitations so they can slide into the bottle.
- Use a glue gun and stick the ribbon along the full length of the invite leaving a good length hanging out on top of the invite (for your guest to pull it out)
- Fill ¼ of your clean bottle with fake snow and glitter.
- Slide in the invite and secure it in the fake snow. Make sure some of the red ribbon hangs out for your guest to pull the invite out
- Now slide in the cranberry branch and green pine branch inside
- You can use some bubble wrap to protect your bottle
- Your invites are ready to be sent out!
Make a fun garland invite out of paper light bulbs.
Gold and silver glitter
Gold or silver fine tip pens
- Check out this link at A Subtle Revelry and print out the template.
- Cut about a 2 feet long thick, black twine
- Write the party information on each light bulb – Where, when, who, what using the silver or gold pens.
- Glue gun the colorful light bulbs onto the black twine leaving some space between them.
- Glue the flap of your envelope.
- Sprinkle glitter on it.
- Slide in the garland into the envelope and seal.
- Your holiday invites are ready to be sent out!
New Year's Invite Bag
If you’re really in the mood to take your invites up a notch this year, this idea is for you!
Big, clear cellophane bags
Happy New Year Hats
Gold, silver tinsel
Blow Out whistles
Shiny bow ties
Lots of colorful ribbons
Colorful Card stock
- Print out the following instructions on your card stock
- Wear hat
- Put on bow tie
- Blow whistle
- Print out the following information on your card stock. Measure the length and breadth of the paper on the whistle. Make sure the text matches those measurements.
- Print the invite and stick it on the whistle so your guest can read it when they blow it.
- Now fill the cellophane paper with lots of tinsel, the party hat, bow tie, the instruction card and the blow out whistle.
- Tie the bag with colorful ribbons to make the perfect invite bag!