Why buy bath bombs when you can create your own at home to your liking? Just follow these easy steps to DIY relaxation.
1/2 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup brown sugar
Natural colouring or flowers
10 to 15 drops essential oil(s)
Special equipment: 2-ounce travel-size spray bottle, silicone ice-cube tray, storage jars
- Stir together citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch in a glass measuring cup.
- Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a mixing bowl and stir in sugar.
- Spritz mixture with water, one spritz at a time. You don't want to pour water into the mixture or it will cause a reaction and will fizz.
- Add in your essential oils, one drop at a time, until strength of scent is to your liking. Add flowers or lavender leaves and food colouring if you like.
- Place mixture in a silicone ice-cube tray. Use fingers to pack into the mould.
- Let dry at room temperature overnight. Pop out of tray gently.
- Transfer bath bombs to a jar or bag for safe keeping.