With shorter days and colder weather, it's easy for winter blues to set in. But nutritionist Melissa Ramos says you can beat those blues naturally. Here's how!
The problem: A weak immune system
The solution: Chaga
- Chaga has the highest antioxidant level of all mushrooms which we know boosts immunity.
- Use granules in a french press. Chaga can be a coffee replacement or add several tablespoons and add it to a soup.
The problem: Over eating
The solution: Astragalus
- Astragalus' immune boosting powers help to fortify the system and aid digestion.
- Put a couple sticks of the raw herb into soups or take the herbal tincture 2 times daily away from meals.
The problem: Feeling the winter blahs, unmotivated and depressed
The solution: Fish Oil With Vitamin D
- Fish oil is good to lubricate the insides as the season gets drier, and helps preventdepression
- Take 1 tsp with breakfast and 1 tsp with dinner
The problem: A common winter cold
The solution: Goldenseal
- Goldenseal is a major antiviral for kicking out colds.
- Take 1 syringe in the mouth 3x per day away from meals.
The problem: dry hair and skin
The solution: Castor Oil (used externally only)
- Castor oil helps to increase immunity & great for dry hair or skin.
- Mix equal parts of castor oil and almond oil and apply to face after washing. This will help with dry skin and make skin glow since castor oil increases circulation.
- Mix a small amount of equal parts of castor oil and almond oil, and warm in a small pot. Massage into scalp and hair, put a shower cap on and leave overnight. Wash thoroughly in the morning.