There's more to cooking with yogourt than smoothies. Get a taste for the ingredient's versatility with these three delicious dishes. Plus: Six reasons you should be eating yogourt more often from our very own Chef Jo Lusted!
Creamy, flavourful and low fat?! It's a Caesar salad miracle!
Crispy, crunchy and fryer-free!
Greek meets Italian in one ooey, gooey, delicious pizza pie.
Did You Know?
- Yogourt is rich in calcium, which is essential for maintaining colon health and reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- The friendly bacteria in yogourt appears to deactivate harmful substances before they become carcinogenic.
- Yogurt is rich in protein and vitamin B and low in carbohydrates. It's also available in low-fat varieties.
- The culturing process makes yogurt more digestible than milk.
- Eight ounces of yogurt has the same amount of potassium as one banana and the same protein as one egg.
- The cultures in yogurt help the body absorb nutrients.