We're wild about this decadent mushroom ragout! Reserve the pan drippings from Jonathan Collins' herb crusted beef tenderloin to make this sauce extra flavourful. Low sodium beef stock may be used instead.
3 cups low sodium beef stock (or reserved beef jus)
1 cup each chanterelle, king, baby portabella, shiitake mushrooms
3pc shallot, diced
2tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1cup Madeira or white wine
1/2cup 35% Cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter
Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
- Heat butter in large pan over medium-high heat, add shallot.
- Slice mushrooms into bite size pieces preserving their unique appearance, add to pan.
- Add thyme, seasoning with salt and pepper, turning the mushrooms until golden.
- Deglaze the pan with Madeira, follow with cream and beef stock or jus.
- Reduce to desired consistency, check seasoning.