These whole wheat tea biscuits from Theresa Albert are a great yeast-free alternative to most breakfast toasts and bagels. Enjoy these and avoid the bloat that can often come along with yeast-filled carbohydrates.
1 Cup Milk
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Unsalted Butter, Cold
- Squeeze the lemon into milk, stir and set aside. This creates the soured milk.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well with whisk or fork.
- Cut the ½ stick butter into little pea sized pieces and then mix the pieces into the flour mixture.
- Use your hands to roll the flour and butter together until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour the soured milk into a well and gently mix together. Knead the dough with your hands 8 to 10 times and then turn out onto a counter or cutting board.
- Flatten to a circle to an even ¾-inch thickness (sprinkle with a little flour if necessary).
- Use a drinking glass or cookie cutter to cut out biscuit rounds. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes