Make your morning complete with this delicious all-in-one portable breakfast from Chef Rodney Bowers.
Breakfast sausage recipe
Spicy mayo recipe
Chive scrambled egg recipe
Caramelized onion recipe
4 slices of aged cheddar
4" ciabatta bun or pain au lait bun
7-8 leaves Boston lettuce
- Spread spicy mayo on ciabatta bread.
- On bottom bun, place cheese, breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, caramelized onions, lettuce. Close with top bun. Enjoy!
1kg ground pork
2tsp sea salt
2tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
4 cloves finely chopped fresh garlic almost pureed
1/2-tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp chili paste
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
2 T vegetable oil
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except for oil, until just mixed. Form into four patties.
- Add oil to a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through.
2 tbsp chili paste or siracha
- Combine mayonnaise with chili paste or siracha.
Chive Scrambled Eggs
1 tbsp chives, chopped
1/2 tsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat. Add butter.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs, and add chives.
- When butter is completely melted, add eggs and scramble, stirring occasionally until soft large curds form. 4. When eggs are still loose, take pan off heat and season with salt and pepper.
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter in medium skillet. Add onions and cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until dark golden brown and caramelized, about 20 mins.