This is a great side dish to serve alongside nutritionist Theresa Albert's classic meatloaf.
4 Large Sweet Potatoes
1 tsp Orange Zest
1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C)
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven until they are soft. Usually about 70 minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and let them cool.
- In a small bowl mix together orange juice, brown sugar, orange zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt, chili powder and cinnamon.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the insides of the sweet potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Mash well.
- Add chopped green onion for garnish and serve
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 70 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings