A new take on a campfire classic, this treat is sure to please any sweet tooth. Thanks Chef Christine Tizzard of Best Recipes Ever for sharing it with us!
10 cups (2.4 L) popped popcorn, about 1/2 cup unpopped
2 cups (500 mL) graham crackers in 1/2 inch/1 cm pieces, about 15 crackers
1 bag (250 g) mini marshmallows, about 6 cups
1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
Topping2 oz (57 g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1. In large greased roasting pan, toss together popcorn, graham crackers and 1 cup of the marshmallows. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, melt remaining marshmallows with butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture; stir with greased spatula to coat.
3. Let cool enough to handle. With greased hands, form by 3/4 cup into balls. Place on waxed paper-lined tray; let cool.
4. Topping: In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate. Using fork, drizzle all over popcorn balls; refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
5. Turn balls over and drizzle with remaining chocolate; refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. (Make-ahead: Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store for up to 24 hours.)
Yield: 12 servings