This is a quick and delicious pasta dish from Chef Chris Brown, infused with the bold flavours of Sicily. Orecchete is a small, cup-shaped pasta perfect for holding onto the sauce.
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
1 pinch, chili flakes
15 black olives, roughly chopped
2 tbsp capers
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup pecorino cheese, shaved
2 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
to taste salt and pepper
450 g (1 lb) orecchiette pasta
2 tbsp chopped mint
- Bring a large pot of salted water up to a boil.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium high heat. When hot add olive oil, sliced onions and chili, cook for 2-5 min
- Add garlic and broccoli, cook for an additional 2 min
- Add wine and reduce for 5 min. Turn heat off
- In the large pot cook pasta for 10 min, or until to preferred doneness. Strain pasta, and add to the broccoli.
- Turn heat on high. Add anchovies, capers and olives. Adjust seasoning if needed. Stir and plate.
- Sprinkle mint, breadcrumbs and pecorino over the platted pasta and drizzle some good olive oil to finish the dish!
Yield: 4 servings