Peggy K uses Shirataki noodles in this recipe, made from either tofu or yam flour or both and come in a packet in water. These noodles look exactly like regular pasta noodles and they take only minutes to prepare. By using these shirataki noodles, you are drastically cutting the calories and carbs of your dish. One cup of the noodles alone is only around 20 calories. Plus, they contain fiber keeping you full.
2 cups shiritaki elbow noodles
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
3/4 cup pureed cauliflower
1.5 tsp abodo sauce from chipotle chile
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup zucchini, grated
2 tbsp almond milk
3/4 cup aged white cheddar cheese, finely grated
to taste salt and pepper
Cauliflower Puree1 head cauliflower, chopped and stems removed
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- To prep the noodles, remove from package and boil for 3-4 minutes. Drain and pat dry removing all moisture.
- In a large bowl, mix greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, ground chia, milk, cauliflower puree, adobo sauce, sea salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then stir in grated zucchini and red pepper and cheddar cheese (reserving a little for topping), then stir in noodles, mixing well.
- Add to individual ramekins. Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 15min - enough for cheese to melt - can switch to broiler half way.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
- Steam cauliflower until tender. Add to blender with garlic, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, cumin and blend until smooth.