Full of colour and flavour, this healthy layered casserole by Chef Jonathan Collins is sure to please as a side dish or as part of a main course.
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and quartered
16 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced into rounds
1 green bell pepper, seeded, sliced into rounds
1 zucchini, sliced into thin strips
1 sweet potato, peeled and grated
4 leaves basil
1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
to taste kosher salt
to taste black pepper, fresh gound
- Layer vegetables in casserole dish starting with zucchini.
- Layer basil leaves on top of tomato slices and peppers.
- Continue on with remaining vegetables and season each layer with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, goat cheese and a drizzle of oil.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
Yield: Serves 4