This easy, foolproof side is a perfect accompaniment to Chef Jonathan Collins' herb crusted beef tenderloin.
12 pc Shallots
12 pc Pearl Onions
6 pc Heirloom Carrots
3 pc Baby Turnip
3 pc Golden Beets
3 pc Parsnips
6 pc Garlic Cloves
3 tbsp Fresh Thyme
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
- Slice shallots in half, remove the root, peel.
- Peel and slice carrots on 45° angle, rolling carrot as you slice.
- Peel turnip and beets, slice into eigths.
- Peel parsnip, slice on 45° angle, rolling as you slice.
- Peel garlic, add whole.
- Add olive oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, finish in the oven for 45 minutes.