You can't go wrong with a classic, right? Nutritionist Theresa Albert shares her recipe for nutritious meatloaf, perfect with a side of sweet mashed potatoes.
2 Eggs, Beaten lightly with a fork
2/3 Cups (150 mL) Milk
1/4 tsp (1 mL) Pepper
2 tsp (10 mL) Salt
1/2 Cup Pureed Oats
1 Onion, Grated
3/4 lb Lean Ground Beef
3/4 lb Ground Turkey
1/4 cup (60 mL) Tomato Puree
1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon Mustard
1 Carrott, Grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grate carrots and onion.
- Mix eggs, milk, pepper, salt, pureed oats, lean ground beef, ground turkey, tomato puree and dijon mustard together in a large bowl.
- Mix in grated carrots and onion. Makes sure they are evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
- Place mixture into loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place into oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
- Serve with sweet mashed potatoes.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours