These balls are immune-enhancing from the carrots (beta-carotene) and unpasteurized local honey, says Joy McCarthy. The spices are incredibly anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich plus they add a sweetness without sugar or calories while the nuts provide a good fat and protein. The best part is they're free of sugar!
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
6 medjool dates, pitted
3/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Reserve 1/4 cup shredded coconut in a shallow dish for rolling.
- Place remaining ingredients in a high powered food processor and process until fully combined.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in reserved coconut, coating balls completely.
- Transfer to baking sheet and refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight.
- Keep chilled or freeze in an airtight container for a few months.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes