Full of flavourful plums and peppers, this chutney by Chef Jonathan Collins is almost a meal in itself. Use it to top your rib and cornbread if you can stop yourself from eating it straight out of the bowl.
2 red bell pepper
6 pc blue or red plums
1 yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup molasses
3 tbsp unsalted butter
to taste salt and pepper
- Core and slice bell peppers, quarter and stone plums, peel and slice onions.
- Peel and slice garlic, finely chop chipotles and then heat butter in saucepan.
- Sauté peppers, onion and garlic until tender; season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with vinegar, combine chipotle pepper, plums and molasses.
- Reduce heat, simmer until it thickens but vegetables and plums retain some of their shape.
Serving Size: Serves 6