Granola can be expensive, while some store-bought versions can contain added sugars and oils. Making your own is simple and you'll know exactly whats in it!
3 cups rolled oats, old fashioned, not quick or instant
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts and seeds , like sunflower seeds, almond slivers, walnuts
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped dried fruit, like diced apricot, raisins
Optional cocoa nibs, dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine oats, nuts and seeds, coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl. Toss well to combine evenly.
- Spread out on a lined baking sheet and bake until mixture is golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet; mixture will become crispy as it cools.
- Mix dried fruit into the cooled mixture. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Tropical: papaya, pineapple, mango, pumpkin seeds
- Pistachio, dark chocolate chips and dried cherries/cranberries