These incredible tarts include lots of heart-healthy fats, thanks to pecans, hemp seeds and avocado!
1 cup pecans
1 cup raisins
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs hemp seeds
1/4 cup key lime or lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbs extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
- Add raisins, coconut flakes, cocoa powder and hemp seeds to food processor and mix until all ingredients are finely processed and start to stick together.
- Press firmly into pie form or, for tarts, divide and press into 4-in. tart molds. Place in fridge while making the filling.
- For filling, place all remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into Chocolate Macaroon pie molds.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and/or until ready to serve.
Use the crust recipe to make delicious, chocolatey truffles! Simply roll "dough" into 1-in. balls, then roll in shredded coconut. Place truffles on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat 'em!