Kate Gosselin loves eating guacamole more than anything! So, over time, she developed her own favourite recipe for it. Straight from her new cookbook Love Is In the Mix here is her Gosselin Guac recipe. Enjoy!
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, rinsed and diced
2 tbsp black olives, rinsed and diced
4 very ripe avocados
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, plus 1/2 tsp for garnish
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
pinch black pepper
1. Blot the roasted red pepper between paper towels to remove the excess liquid and then dice them.
2. Rinse, blot, and dice the black olives.
3. Cut the avocados carefully in half, avoiding the pit, and gently twist the halves apart.
4. Remove the pit and discard.
5. Reserve the avocado skins to use as small serving bowls.
6. Score the flesh of the avocado vertically and horizontally, and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl using a spoon.
7. Add all of the other ingredients to the mixing bowl with the avocado and combine. Mix well until it reaches the desired consistency.
8. Scoop into the avocado skins, garnish with the extra cilantro, and serve with tortilla chips.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Makes 2 cups