A decadent Halloween dessert that's frightful ... and flourless! This flourless chocolate shortbread crust by Chef Kyla Eaglesham goes great when filled with your favourite gluten-free ice cream.
1/2 cup butter softened
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup palm sugar or brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt (or less if you use salted butter)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Combine butter and almond meal, sugar, salt, and vanilla and use stand mixer or electric hand mixer to beat until well combined.
3. Add the cocoa powder and mix again until it's evenly mixed into the batter. When it comes together it will all stick to the beaters.
4. Press into an 8" cake pan (lined with parchment) evenly distributing the mixture. 5. Freeze for one hour. Bake from frozen for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool in the cake pan.
6. Return to freezer and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Now you can invert it and the shell will come out easily.
Fill with gluten free ice cream and decorate with your favourite Halloween critters!