'Tis the season for gift giving but that doesn't mean you have to spend unlimited amounts of cash. Our Frugalista shared three gifts in a jar that won't break the bank.
The perfect gift for your boozy friend.
1. Find a medium size mason jar with a tight-fitting lid
2. Cut ten pieces of bubblegum in half
3. Put the gum into your mason jar and fill with vodka
4. Give the solution a shake and then seal it tight with the lid
5. Let the flavours infuse for a few days in a dark and cool space
6. Strain out the gum pieces and pour infused vodka back into the mason jar
7. Embellish your jar with printable gift tag
Spicy Hot Chocolate
The perfect gift for your foodie friend.
1. Find a large size mason jar with a tight-fitting lid
2. Combine the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl:
2 cups cocoa
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 - 2 T cayenne pepper
2 T ground cinnamon
3. Transfer spicy hot chocolate powder into mason jar then seal it tight with the lid
4. Embellish your jar with printable sticker
This is a less sweet hot chocolate so feel free to add up to 2 cups sugar if your gift receiver has a sweet tooth
Candy Cane Coffee Syrop
The perfect gift for your coffee lover.
1. Find a nice glass bottle with cork and/or pour spout
2. Make a simple syrup in a saucepan with the following ingredients:
3/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
6 small white/red candy canes crushed up
3. Let the syrup cool for about 30 minutes and then transfer to jar
4. Embellish your jar with printable gift tag