A golden and crisp side to go along with your foolproof braised pork shoulder, Chef Jonathan Collins' shares his potato gratin recipe.
500ml 2% milk
500ml 35% cream
2.5kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
5pc garlic cloves, peeled
2tbsp fresh thyme
1tbsp fresh rosemary
2cups Agropur Oka Cheese, grated
2pc bay leaves
2tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine milk, cream, garlic, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
- Bring to the simmer, combine 1cup cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Butter the baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Line the potatoes in the casserole dish, covering with mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese, add sprigs of thyme, tent foil to cover.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Uncover to finish until golden, bubbling and crisp.