A foolproof recipe perfect for sunday dinner, serve Chef Jonathan Collins' braised pork shoulder along with his potato gratin.
2kg pork shoulder, bone-in
2 yellow onions
1 garlic bulb, peeled
4 bay leaves
4pc fresh thyme
250ml white wine
3tbsp ground coriander
3tbsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, dust with spices.
- Heat vegetable oil in roasting pan or dutch oven, brown all sides, remove excess fat, add carrots, celery, onion, leek garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- When the vegetables are tender, add wine, bay leaves and thyme.
- Return the pork to the dutch oven adding enough water to cover by half
- Place in oven for 3-4 hours turning occasionally.
- Remove shoulder, rest covered with foil, skim excess fat from cooking liquid.
- Reserve cooking liquid and vegetables to serve.