Chef Mark McEwan combines white bean puree, olive salsa and olive oil poached tuna for an appetizing snack that won't last long on your plate.
1 cup canned or jarred white beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp fine olive oil
1 tbsp aged wine vinegar
1/4 tsp white sugar
to taste salt and pepper
1/2 cup brined green olives, rinsed and drained
6 halves oil packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
4 filets anchovy, chopped
1 tbsp capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 bunch parsley leaves, chopped
12 basil leaves, torn
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup flaked tuna preserve, (Italian tuna in olive oil)
1 cup baby arugula
- In a blender, combine the beans, fine olive oil, aged wine vinegar, and sugar. Season and then puree, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the olives, tomatoes, anchovies, capers, parsley and basil; mix well with a spoon,
- Add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice; mix again. Salt lightly, set aside.
- Spread the white bean puree on the crostini. Mound with the tuna flakes, and top with a generous sprinkle of the olive salsa.
- To finish, sprinkle with a little of the reserved tuna oil, and top with the arugula.