It's taco night with a fresh twist, from Chef Rodney Bowers! Using cold and crunchy lettuce instead of tortilla shells keeps things crisp, clean and refreshing. Put out plates of all the fixings, and let everyone help themselves.
Guacamole2 ripe avocados
1 tbsp lime juice, or to taste
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
to taste salt and pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
Quick Pickled Red Onion1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
1/4 cup lime juice
to taste salt
Assembly and Garnish12- 15 iceberg lettuce leaves, or romaine leaves, if desired
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
3 radishes, finely sliced
1 jalapeno, finely sliced
3 tbsp sliced green onion
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, optional
2 limes, cut into wedges, optional
- In a medium bowl, mash and add avocados, lime juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Gently fold in diced cherry tomatoes.
For Quick Pickled Onions
- Place sliced red onion in a small glass or other non-reactive bowl. Pour lime juice over, add a pinch of salt, and toss evenly to combine.
- Let sit at least five minutes before using. (The longer the onions sit, the more they will break down and soften.)
- For each taco, place a small amount of guacamole in the bottom of a lettuce cup. Top with shredded chicken, pickled onions and garnishes of your choice. Enjoy!