This salad from Chef Lynn Crawford has everything, from charcuterie to three different greens, legumes to sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan to olives. Still, once the grocery shopping has been done, it's easily prepared.
1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine vinegar
2 tsp (10 mL) balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tbsp (4 mL) salt
1 lemon, juice of
1 1/3 cups (325 mL) canola oil
1. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook salami until crisp. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine romaine, radicchio, endive, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, and peperoncini. Pour over dressing and toss to coat.
3. Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with crumbled salami and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
For Brown Derby Vinaigrette
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and lemon juice until well combined. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
2. Transfer vinaigrette to a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 2 cups (500 mL)