The maple bacon jerky and pickle pretty much make this drink from Chef Lynn Crawford a meal. It's spicy and substantial, perfect for a Sunday brunch. (The maple bacon jerky recipe makes more than enough for a single serving, but trust us, you'll be happy you made extra!)
1 lemon wedge
as needed celery salt
1 1/2 oz (45 mL) vodka
1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh horseradish
3 dashes Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
2 dashes hot sauce, or more to taste
1/2 cup (125 mL) Clamato juice, or tomato juice
to taste freshly ground black pepper
1 celery stalk with leaves, for garnish
1 dill pickle, for garnish
1 slice Maple Bacon Jerky , for garnish
Maple Bacon Jerky1/2 cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
1 tsp (5 mL) freshly cracked black pepper
24 slices thick-cut bacon
- Rim a highball glass with a lemon wedge and celery salt. Fill with ice, then add vodka, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and Clamato juice. Stir, then season to taste with pepper and celery salt. Garnish with celery salt, pickle and bacon jerky and serve immediately.
For Maple Bacon Jerky
Makes 24 pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, maple syrup, chili powder, and pepper until well combined.
- Set a wire rack inside a foil-lined baking sheet. Arrange bacon in a single layer on rack and coat with sugar mixture.
- Roast bacon until almost crisp, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving. Garnish with Maldon sea salt.
From: At Home with Lynn Crawford, by Lynn Crawford.
Yield: Serves 1