Serves 2 to 4
1 recipe food processor pizza dough or 1 680-g bag prepared pizza dough
1 recipe onion-maple marmalade or 1 cup (250 mL) store-bought onion or bacon marmalade
1 cup (260 mL) cooked top sirloin, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup (125 mL) blue cheese, crumbled, or brie, thinly sliced (when cold)
2 tbsp (30 mL) dried chili flakes (optional)
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C). Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll dough into rectangles or rounds on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
- Divide onion-maple marmalade (see below) between 2 pizza bases, spreading right to the edges. Top each with prepared top sirloin then crumbled blue cheese. Bake in centre of oven until crusts are golden, 15 to 18 min. (Other great toppings include: leftover roasted vegetables, thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil (drain before slicing), capers, sliced red onion, sliced mushrooms, etc.)
- Sprinkle with dried chili flakes, sliced onion and basil before serving.
2 large onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil or butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp (30 mL) pure maple syrup
3 tsp (15 mL) fresh rosemary, thyme or a combination of the 2, finely chopped
2 tsp (10 mL) apple cider vinegar
- Add onions, olive oil and garlic to a medium pan, set over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup; increase heat to medium and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add rosemary and cook for 5 more minutes until onions start to brown, stirring often to avoid burning.
- Stir in the vinegar and salt, then remove from heat. Set aside.