'Tis the season for holiday baking! If you're looking for a fun and festive way to give your treats to others as gifts, look no further than these four chic ways to package it up.
Cookies in a Mug
This is a great way to give a cozy holiday treat. Take your baked cookies, wrap them in cellophane, seal with some fancy ribbon, and top it off by placing it all in an inexpensive clear glass mug.
Fresh Fruitcakes in Mini Loaf Pans
This is a great way to keep your fruitcakes fresh. Purchase some inexpensive metal mini loafs pans; bake your fruitcake in them for the perfect size. After cooling, wrap your fruitcakes in some natural parchment paper. Place them back in the mini loaf pans and tie some jute twine around each. When finished twining, don’t forget to add some fresh pine and berries for the ultimate holiday freshness.
Cookie Cutter Brownies
Gift your brownies without the worry of squishing them this holiday season. Get your hands on some holiday-inspired cookie cutters and small plates from a big box store. Cut your brownies out of the pan with your cookie cutters, leaving the cutter around the brownie. Stack them on a small plate and wrap in cellophane to seal the freshness. Add a bow.
Recycled Holiday Card Treat Boxes
This is a fun and easy way to recycle your holiday cards.
- Take your Christmas cards, cut them in half. Square them both off, making all four edges equal.
- Make the back of the holiday card smaller than the front by 5 mm by trimming all four sides.
- Find the centres of each card by drawing an X from all four corners.
- Fold in each corner of the card to the middle point. Repeat again with the new corners.
- After making the proper cuts with scissors on the blue lines seen below, fold two corners of your cards in and over and tape there.
- Repeat on the other sides and tape.
- There you have it: two small boxes that will now fit together to make a treat box. Add some mini cupcake liners for a small touch to divide your molded chocolates.
- Seal with some raffia and enjoy!