Top off your classic traditional holiday table with this gorgeous DIY sugar fruit centerpiece. Here's how you can make it yourself!
1 ½ cups epson salts
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup of iridescent glitter
- Start with your center piece bowl so you know how much fruit to buy.
- Next fill the bowl with oasis and trim it to fit. Then take all of your ingredients and create mixture for the sugared look.
- Crack a window or go to your garage to spray fruit with spray adhesive. You should hold your fruit over a bowl so that the adhesive doesn’t end up on a table or your floor!
- Now you're ready to coat your fruit in mixture. Use a large brush to dab the fruit to get good coverage and then let the fruit dry for an hour.
- Now you're ready to hot glue gun your fruit on to the oasis.
- Lastly, add pine boughs and leaves around the exterior of bowl.
The DIY fits in perfectly on the traditional holiday table we pulled together, featuring a beautiful wood table, gorgeous red runner, gold and silver chargers, and simple white plates.
Sources: table, chairs, sideboard, ELTE; runner, chargers, plates, cutlery, napkins, napkin rings, place cards, slat and pepper shakers, butter dish, Pottery Barn; hurricane lanterns, silver bowl, wine and water glasses, HomeSense; art, Canvas Gallery