How do you make your house guests feel right at home? Designer Jane Lockhart shows us the way with a rich and glamorous guest suite.
Choose A Bold Wall Colour
The dark purple wall is 'Basalt' by Benjamin Moore, and it gives the bedroom a luxurious regal air. The colour purple is also said to induce sleep!
Opt For Lush Finishes
Lush surfaces like a tufted upholstered headboard and luxurious bedding make a guest room cozy and inviting. Mirrored night stands are glamorous but their reflective surfaces also keep the room light and airy. The acrylic legs on the bench are a chic touch and give the bed a lighter look, as if the bed is floating. Adding these special touches to a guest room makes this a memorable experience for your guests.
Keep Accessories Practical And Enjoyable:
Accessories are key to your guest suite. The following items will pamper your guests and ultimately make them feel right at home!
- Fresh towels, small bar soap, air freshener, hand sanitizer
- A basket or bedside tray with an e-reader loaded with a variety of books or mags
- Maps of the area, list of nearby restaurants or favourite food delivery places
- Extra blankets and pillows
- A variety of books and magazines
- Fresh flowers
- Water containers, vintage carafe and pretty drinking glasses on a silver tray
- Vintage luggage rack or bench for suitcases
Master Bedroom and Ensuite shot on location at Jane Lockhart Kylemore Communities Custom Home Model