Steven got his inspiration for this DIY decoration from a holiday window display he saw while out Christmas shopping!
small piece scrap wood
1/2-in. stack paper (containing sheets of varying sizes)
- Drill hole in scrap wood the same diameter as dowel.
- Place dowel in hole and secure with dot of glue.
- Cut out pages from one or two large books.
- Create a small slit in the middle of each page and sheet of paper. (You can stack many pages on top of one another to complete this step quickly.)
- Beginning with the largest, place pages and sheets of paper onto dowel, one at a time. (This will give tree a more organic look.)
- Finish with topper of your choice. We used a homemade yarn ball.